Sunday, October 21, 2007

Comfort Food

My contribution for the potluck supper last night was Macaroni and Cheese. This is a dish that should only be eaten in the most dire of circumstances when indulging in true comfort food is the only form of solace available.


Macaroni and Cheese made with Gouda and Aged Cheddar


It is not a dish to be indulged in if you suffer from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes or are in the least bit overweight! The recipe described each serving as having 40.9 grams of fat, 1087 mg of sodium and 629 calories per serving.
Needless to say everyone loved it!

I found the recipe in the March 2007 Chatelaine Magazine but if you do have a craving for comfort food the recipe can be found here.

And now that I have eaten the leftovers for lunch I am going to go dig in my garden and plant 30 tulip bulbs!

No comments: